Entities can be used in the map editor to specify player spawn locations or to add effects, doors, items and more.
- Info entities are commonly used to specify certain locations/areas or behaviors
- Env entities are used for environmental stuff which is commonly directly perceptible
- Gen entities commonly generate stuff (particle effects)
- Func entities have a function which influences the game
- Trigger entities are used to trigger and control other entities
Category: all (50)
53 - Gen_FX (FX)
Creates an effect in an area around the position of the entity.
Values / Properties
The following values can be set in the entity properties menu of the map editor and can be read using the Lua command entity.
- ints=effect type (0=waves, 1=smoke, 2=fire, 3=steam)
- ints=x range min
- ints=x range max
- ints=y range min
- ints=y range max
- ints=spawn rate (ms)