FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Network and Multiplayer
- No servers in serverlist?!
- What to do about lags?
- How to play in LAN?
- Ping? Latency? Ping Timeout?
- I can't login! 'Trying to login'/'Failed to login!'
- How do I create my own server? What is a listen/dedicated server? What is rcon?
- I want to host a game. What's my IP?
- Is there a dedicated server software for CS2D?
- Nobody joins/sees my server
- My server is not in the serverlist
- I want a 24/7 online server! Why does my server disappear when I shut down my PC?
- I want to rent a server for CS2D! What is important?
- Can I use my webspace/website/FTP-space/Dropbox/iCloud/blog/other crazy shit to host a server?
- CS2D closes itself
- The game says that I'm a cheater/hacker! Why?
- Memory Access Violation
- Graphics Mode XXX does not work!
- Failed to load ...
- There is only a black screen?! / I just see some squares?!
- Screen resolution problems
- Blurred graphics
- List of CS2D console commands
- Commandline parameters
- Lua? Lua scripts?There are normal CS2D scripts and Lua scripts in CS2D. These are two different things. CS2D scripts are essential. They are used to control the game (settings are saved as scripts for example).
Lua is a scripting language which is included in CS2D for server sided scripts. Lua scripts are optional. They can be used to change the behavior of the game and to write own modifications.
Please use the help-button in the CS2D main menu for a script reference.
- How to use Lua
- How to install/start CS2D?
- Why does CS2D run slowy/why does it lag?
- I downloaded custom skins/sounds! How to restore the original file(s)?
- Sniper weapons: What's the advantage of the zoom-mode?!
- Why does my server change the map without prompting?
- How do I make a custom spraylogo?
- What is "U.S.G.N." / What is this login stuff?
- Why are there so many ads on CS2D.com!?
- Why should I play CS2D when there is CS in 3D?
- Who made CS2D?