Any questions or problems with CS2D? Maybe this page with Frequently Asked Questions can help you to find an answer!
Network and Multiplayer
- No servers in serverlist?!
- What to do about lags?
- How to play in LAN?
- Ping? Latency? Ping Timeout?
- I can't login! 'Trying to login'/'Failed to login!'
- How do I create my own server? What is a listen/dedicated server? What is rcon?
- I want to host a game. What's my IP?
- Is there a dedicated server software for CS2D?
- Nobody joins/sees my server
- My server is not in the serverlist
- I want a 24/7 online server! Why does my server disappear when I shut down my PC?
- I want to rent a server for CS2D! What is important?
- Can I use my webspace/website/FTP-space/Dropbox/iCloud/blog/other crazy shit to host a server?
- Why is my server only in the LAN tab? I want it to be online!
CS2D does not start
Error Messages / Crashes
- The game says that I'm a cheater/hacker! Why?
- Memory Access Violation
- Graphics Mode XXX does not work!
- Failed to load ...
Video / Graphics
- There is only a black screen?! / I just see some squares?!
- Screen resolution problems
- Blurred graphics
Audio / Sounds
Scripts / Commands
- What is Steam?
- Is Steam required to play this game?
- Can Steam-users play CS2D with Non-Steam-users?
- Are there achievements? How to get them?
- How to install/start CS2D?
You can just install CS2D using Steam the usual way! Just search for 'CS2D'!
If you want to change start parameters see Start params in Steam
Use WinRAR, WinZIP, 7Zip or another unpacker to extract it. No setup/installation needed!
If you are using Linux please read How to run CS2D on Linux?
Windows Installer/Setup (exe)
Run the setup and follow the instructions. Note that you'll probably have to confirm the execution of the setup first.
How to start CS2D (Non-Steam)?
After extracting/installing (see above) you will be able to play by running CS2D.exe, Launcher.exe or one of the *.bat-files. If you are using Linux please read How to run CS2D on Linux?
ATTENTION: Windows Systems (Non-Steam)
Do NOT install the game to "C:\program files\"! This will lead to problems due to limited write-permissions! Please use something like "C:\CS2D" instead.
ATTENTION: Linux Systems
Running CS2D on Linux can be a bit more complicated. Especially when using 64-bit Linux distributions. If you are using Linux please read How to run CS2D on Linux?
- Why does CS2D not support my language? Can I translate it?
- Why does CS2D run slowy/why does it lag?
- I downloaded custom skins/sounds! How to restore the original file(s)?
- Why does my server change the map without prompting?
- How do I make a custom spraylogo?
- What is "U.S.G.N." / What is this login stuff?
- Why are there so many ads on CS2D.com!?
- Why should I play CS2D when there is CS in 3D?
- Who made CS2D? When, how and why?
- Wasn't "CS2D" called "Counter-Strike 2D" before? What the hell?!