Any questions or problems with CS2D? Maybe this page with Frequently Asked Questions can help you to find an answer!
Network and Multiplayer
- No servers in serverlist?!
- What to do about lags?
- How to play in LAN?
- Ping? Latency? Ping Timeout?
- I can't login! 'Trying to login'/'Failed to login!'
- How do I create my own server? What is a listen/dedicated server? What is rcon?
- I want to host a game. What's my IP?
- Is there a dedicated server software for CS2D?
- Nobody joins/sees my server
- My server is not in the serverlist
- I want a 24/7 online server! Why does my server disappear when I shut down my PC?
- I want to rent a server for CS2D! What is important?
- Can I use my webspace/website/FTP-space/Dropbox/iCloud/blog/other crazy shit to host a server?
- Why is my server only in the LAN tab? I want it to be online!
CS2D does not start
Error Messages / Crashes
- The game says that I'm a cheater/hacker! Why?
- Memory Access Violation
- Graphics Mode XXX does not work!
- Failed to load ...
Video / Graphics
- There is only a black screen?! / I just see some squares?!
- Screen resolution problems
- Blurred graphics
Audio / Sounds
- Delayed/damaged/strange sounds
You have to select a sound driver which fits your system!
- Open the options menu
- Select the sound tab
- Select another sound driver
- confirm with "Okay"
- Restart CS2D and check if the sound works right now
Repeat the previous steps until sound works fine. For windows users "FreeAudio DirectSound" is the best choice in many cases.
No driver works? "OpenAL" drivers are not in your sound driver list? Install and try OpenAL!
- Quit CS2D
Windows: Get OpenAL at openal.org/downloads and install it!
Linux: Run sudo apt-get install libopenal-dev:i386 in your Linux terminal/console.
- Start CS2D again and check if you hear sounds!
- If you still don't hear sound try selecting OpenAL as audio driver in the settings (restarting CS2D afterwards might be required!)
- No sounds at all
Scripts / Commands
- What is Steam?
- Is Steam required to play this game?
- Can Steam-users play CS2D with Non-Steam-users?
- Are there achievements? How to get them?
- How to install/start CS2D?
- Why does CS2D not support my language? Can I translate it?
- Why does CS2D run slowy/why does it lag?
- I downloaded custom skins/sounds! How to restore the original file(s)?
- Why does my server change the map without prompting?
- How do I make a custom spraylogo?
- What is "U.S.G.N." / What is this login stuff?
- Why are there so many ads on CS2D.com!?
- Why should I play CS2D when there is CS in 3D?
- Who made CS2D? When, how and why?
- Wasn't "CS2D" called "Counter-Strike 2D" before? What the hell?!