Any questions or problems with CS2D? Maybe this page with Frequently Asked Questions can help you to find an answer!
Network and Multiplayer
- No servers in serverlist?!
- What to do about lags?
- How to play in LAN?
- Ping? Latency? Ping Timeout?
- I can't login! 'Trying to login'/'Failed to login!'
- How do I create my own server? What is a listen/dedicated server? What is rcon?
- I want to host a game. What's my IP?
- Is there a dedicated server software for CS2D?
- Nobody joins/sees my server
- My server is not in the serverlist
- I want a 24/7 online server! Why does my server disappear when I shut down my PC?
Just a normal program! No magic!
A server program is just an ordinary program. No magic involved. This means, that the CS2D server program can only run when your PC is online and running! In other words: Your server will be unreachable as soon as you quit the CS2D client / dedicated server (depending on what you use to host) OR as soon as you shut down your PC OR go offline.
MINIMUM requirements for a CS2D server to run:
- A running computer (the computer must be switched on and an OS must be booted)
- An active internet connection (the computer must be online)
- Either the CS2D client or the CS2D dedicated server must be running on this computer
- Correct server/firewall/router/network settings
Oooops! Your server will go offline as soon as ONE (or more) of these conditions is not true anymore!
There are servers which are online 24/7! All the time! How does this work?
There is only one single way to get a server which is online all the time: Get a computer which runs all the time and is online all the time. You could either do this at home (not advisable because of slow internet connection, noise etc.) or rent a server. A VPS (virtual private server) is sufficient for a CS2D server. "virtual" means that the server uses a virtualized system which runs on the same machine together with many other virtualized systems. This makes VPS cheaper than most other server plans.
- I want to rent a server for CS2D! What is important?
- Can I use my webspace/website/FTP-space/Dropbox/iCloud/blog/other crazy shit to host a server?
- Why is my server only in the LAN tab? I want it to be online!
CS2D does not start
Error Messages / Crashes
- The game says that I'm a cheater/hacker! Why?
- Memory Access Violation
- Graphics Mode XXX does not work!
- Failed to load ...
Video / Graphics
- There is only a black screen?! / I just see some squares?!
- Screen resolution problems
- Blurred graphics
Audio / Sounds
Scripts / Commands
- What is Steam?
- Is Steam required to play this game?
- Can Steam-users play CS2D with Non-Steam-users?
- Are there achievements? How to get them?
- How to install/start CS2D?
- Why does CS2D not support my language? Can I translate it?
- Why does CS2D run slowy/why does it lag?
- I downloaded custom skins/sounds! How to restore the original file(s)?
- Why does my server change the map without prompting?
- How do I make a custom spraylogo?
- What is "U.S.G.N." / What is this login stuff?
- Why are there so many ads on CS2D.com!?
- Why should I play CS2D when there is CS in 3D?
- Who made CS2D? When, how and why?
- Wasn't "CS2D" called "Counter-Strike 2D" before? What the hell?!