Entities can be used in the map editor to specify player spawn locations or to add effects, doors, items and more.
- Info entities are commonly used to specify certain locations/areas or behaviors
- Env entities are used for environmental stuff which is commonly directly perceptible
- Gen entities commonly generate stuff (particle effects)
- Func entities have a function which influences the game
- Trigger entities are used to trigger and control other entities
Category: all (50)
3 - Info_Hostage (H)
Hostage spawn point. Hostages are required for CS_ maps in standard game mode. Counter-Terrorists can use hostages so they follow them. They have to lead them to rescue points (Info_RescuePoint).
Note: This entity should only be used on cs_ maps.
Values / Properties
The following values can be set in the entity properties menu of the map editor and can be read using the Lua command entity.
- ints=spawn rotation
- ints=hostage look